As the post title suggests, this is my first attempt/success using a pattern. I did use a pattern for the bodice portion of the dress linked above, but this was the first pattern I used in its entirety (well, mostly). So, I present to you... my first completed top:
The best part is, it actually fits! Modeling isn't really my thing, though, so I didn't want to have a photo shoot of me wearing it. Maybe one day. The top is far from perfect, but it's wearable and was definitely good practice.
I am currently working on a dress using the same fabric in a different color scheme:
I've made progress (the bodice is lined and pleated) but it's more of a long-term project (for me anyway at such a beginner level) so I squeezed in the top so I could have something quick to finish. Completed projects usually equal motivation for me. :) Anyway, hope to have more clothing projects to share in the future!
I'm still of course doing other stuff, too. Finished the matching mini quilt to go with this a few days ago (never took camera pics so this instagram photo will have to do):
And I have another fun nursery order I'll be starting soon! And my garden posts will begin soon, yay! I did not get my seeds planted until April 1 (illness struck our household so I've been a bit slower than usual), but we're still on track.
I think that's enough updating for now. :) Hope you're all doing well! xoxo